Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Commitment and Ownership

Commitment is to do what you say you are going to do. This happens often in my life. When I was younger and played on a team, commitment meant showing up for all the practices and all the games. As a teacher, commitment means showing up everyday, prepared with a lesson that will hopefully be the best for my students.

Ownership means to take responsibility for your words, actions, and thoughts. This is another key that happens everyday in my life. For instance, I accidentally broke the top to my husband's portable printer. He was really angry. I could have pretended I didn't know what happened. I could also have pointed out that he left it out and open on the floor so that it was easy to trip over and break. Instead, I admitted I had broken it. There are many instances when our thoughts, words, or actions aren't correct for the situation. We need to be courageous enough to remedy that.

No comments:

Post a Comment